Friday, June 4, 2010

Pneumatic Logic: The Word & Spirit Agree

The first post in nearly all blogs is "The purpose of this blog is...." or "This blog will showcase..." or some other foundational mission statement. So, why not:

The purpose of this blog is to put on display the inner ramblings of my brain, which has the habit of musing on things theological, philosophical, political, scientific, horticultural, and DIY-ical. Generally, in that order.

I am a Christian (born-again charismatic) interested in social justice issues. I am a Chemical Engineer working as a consultant with municipal governments in Central Florida on water resources projects (potable water, waste water, reuse water, and storm water). I am the husband of a magnificent wife and the father of three little blessings aged 4, 2, and 8-months. My wife is the primary caretaker of our children, our gardens, our fruit trees (also in their infancy), and our livestock (comprised mainly of 4 goats and 29 laying hens at the moment). We aim to raise as much of our food on our 1-ac homestead as practical.

I am currently reading The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer along with a friend. Following posts will contain my reflections on that book as well as a Biblical word study on "help". Politics and science will always make occasional in roads too, I mean this is a fascinating world we live in.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment